Saturday, February 05, 2005

Why You Never Need To Buy Eyeliner Again!

My biggest secret tip this month:

Why you never need to buy eyeliner again and how to make sure your eyeliner always matches your shadow -- guaranteed.

(Before reading this, make sure you've read the previous post on "Second Base Eyeshadow Base" from Too Faced products because this next tip depends entirely on your having Second Base in your make up bag.)

Until the beginning of January, my preferred eyeliners were Rimmel's "Exaggerate" Eye Definer in "Steel", "Aubergine", "Ocean", and the basic Rimmel "Black". For an inexpensive liner (about $4.99 CDN) it really held up against some of the more expensive liners I'd tried so it was always my favorite.... until just recently.

While applying "Second Base" from Too Faced one morning, I realized, since it holds the shadow on so well on the lids, maybe I could apply a little under the eye as well, then use one of my new Sugar Shadows (also from Too Faced) to create my very own, perfectly matched "Eye Liner". It worked amazingly well and I've never used actual eye liners since.

Of course I'd never go out without eye liner (this being the one item I would absolutely need if I could only use one product before heading out the door) so I'm not saying I'm leaving the house "linerless". Just the opposite in fact!

Using a swipe of Second Base under the eye and on the lid, I take my "Pencil Tip" brush (Elegant Faces brush collection) and dip it into my preferred shadow of the day. For example, yesterday I chose "Too Faced Sugar Shadow" in "Caviar Dreams" (this is a very dark grey shadow) and applied that as an upper, then lower liner. The result is totally amazing!

Next, I took a larger shadow brush and applied the violet from the "Too Faced Fairy Tale" shadow duo (see previous post on that) over the lid, added a touch of the yellowish/gold shadow from Fairy Tale, then to finish, I applied a sweep of "Violet Vengeance" Sugar Shadow. (I absolutely LOVE the Sugar Shadows and soon I'll complete my collection by ordering Champagne Wishes and Frozen Roses.)


Now in the above example I haven't matched the shadow turned liner with the lid color because I've been using lighter colors lately, but you can easily do this if you prefer a bit of a darker shadow color on your lids.

For example, you can get the "Ooh and Aah" duo shadow from Too Faced, use the darker side for the liner above and below, then apply a sweep of the lighter shadow on the lids and use the darker portion in the crease.



The result, a totally amazing and perfectly matched shadow/liner combination!

Best of all, using this tip you can miraculously transform any eye shadow in your collection into a brand new liner!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home